Saturday, May 16, 2009

Umphreys mcgee show at the roxy on Gigatron turned out to be half right...

It turned out the show was actually The North Indiana Allstars (3 umphrey's mebers w/ a super bassist, and willie waldman on trumpet (amazing players) the openming act called "Ohmphrey" is half umphrey's Mcgee, and half of "Ohm" .. My "Gigatron" iphone app is where i found out about the show (on the night of like an hour before it started!) it was listred there as "Umphrey's Mcgee" so you could imagine my shock to see so few people aware of who was actually playing, and the Roxy's marquee read " North Indiana, & Ohmphrey " whom I knew nothing of, although "Ohmphrey" as a name was deffinatley enough of a giveaway for me not to be shy when handing over my sixteen bucks to see if said mystery band was in fact Mr.Mcgee's umphrey! I was Shocked awed blown away, and amazed! I am so lucky to have seen this show for as mere 16 buckaroonies! Thanks To NIAS's Ohmphrey, umphrey ohm or who ever you say you are =)

No comments:

Post a Comment